Book review: The Fault In Our Stars - John Green

 



Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.


My opinion.
My cursor is blinking impatiently, waiting for me to write something about this book. But how can I put the beauty of this book into words?
From the moment I shared my purchase and reading process online, people started 'liking' and commenting. They warned me I needed to prepare myself for something incredible, for something emotional. It was obvious Hazel and Guz's story touched a lot of people. But I didn't need the hype to realize that. From the first chapter on I just felt this was an important book. A book you will reread. A book you will tell future generations about. A book you will struggle to describe because it's just... perfect.

 

  


"I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once" - John Green


As part of the "movie books" feature, I will watch the movie soon
and will let you know how I liked it in comparison to the book here.

My soundtrack for this book:

Comments

  1. I love this book, too! I hope they've done a good job with the film, still need to watch it!
    Charl xo
    www.aplaceonthebookshelf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, can't wait to see it! I'm pretty confident they've done a great job.. Fingers crossed! Thanks for stopping by Charl! ;-) x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts