Welcome to M's Bookshelf!
I'm a 26 year old Belgian Book Blogger, newly married and working as a library assistant at a local public library.
Scroll down to learn more about me in "The Book Blogger Get To Know Me Tag"
or read my little story "Inspired By..." over at Emma's Star Crossed Reviews.
M's Bookshelf is a place for reviews and all things book-related (Blog Tours, Q&A, Cover Reveal,...). Take a look at what's on my shelf and my thoughts on those books. Some of them were sent to me by the author or publisher for an honest review, others I picked up at the bookstore.
Keep an eye out for "M's Favourites"
[See "Contact" for review requests]
*** M's Bookshelf ***
The Book Blogger Get To Know Me Tag
Random facts about me:
- I've been a vegetarian since I was 13. "I don't eat anything with a face", so yes to cheese and eggs, no to meat and fish!
- I'm a huge Potterhead - have been since the age of 10. I started a collection of copies of the first book in the series in all different languages, bought on holiday (no cheating through online shopping!) or given to me as gifts by traveling/international friends.
- I collect bookmarks and absolutely love getting books with inscriptions written inside.
- I have the most wonderful husband. Thomas and I got married 16 dec. 2017. We've been together for 6 years now!
26 March (°1992)
My favourite colour:
I don't have one favourite colour, but I do like "old pink" (I think the blog gave that away) and green. The flowers on my blog translate my - current - favourite colour pallet perfectly.
Although my go to colour is navy blue.
My favourite memory:
My wedding day! 16 dec. 2017 I became Mrs. Thomas Smets, and through that the luckiest, happiest girl in Belgium!
Five of my favourite songs:
- All Of Me - John Legend
- You'll Be In My Heart - Phil Collins (Disney's Tarzan soundtrack)
- How Long Will I Love You - Ellie Goulding (OUR FIRST DANCE AS MR. & MRS.!)
- Love Is Easy - McFly
- Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds
>> I've made so many changes to this list since first posting this 'tag': I'm giving up. Naming 5 songs is impossible!
If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, what would it be?
Mmm... Pasta. I think.
Something I really dislike:
To be honest, I'm not the most tolerant person out there so there's definitely more than one thing I really dislike. But I think I'm going to go for ignorance and selfishness.
Summer or winter?
If I could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
The UK. Somewhere in the British country side... That would make me very, very happy.
My five favourite films:
- Notting Hill
- Pearl Harbor
- The Notebook
- Harry Potter (I think the first one, but hard to choose)
- The Age Of Adeline
Sweet or savoury?
5 of my favourite books:
How impossible is this?!
- Harry Potter series (I know that's more than one; picture: the Dutch editions I grew up with)
- The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory
- The Seven Sisters series - Lucinda Riley
- Me before You - JoJo Moyes
- Pillars of the Earth - Ken Follet
Cold drink: Ice Tea Green, Hot drink: Tea! (I prefer fruit teas)
“The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid.” ― Jane Austen