Book review: Heat (The Stark Affair #1) - Skylar Cross


Book 1 of the 4-book series THE STARK AFFAIR by Skylar Cross 

Colton Stark is filthy rich. A billionaire playboy who drives fast and plays hard, he enjoys an endless stream of party girls... at his mansion, on his yacht, and in his private jet. 
He's also top of Miami-Dade Police Department's list of suspected narcotics traffickers. 

Tough girl cop Sofia grew up on the mean streets of Miami, unafraid to kick anyone's ass. When asked to investigate Colton, she doesn't even consider it a challenge. 
Until she comes face-to-face with Colton Stark's penetrating blue eyes. 
After a steamy meeting at his South Beach club, Sofia finds herself playing a dangerous but sexy game with her own principles. As evidence mounts of Colton Stark's dirty 
dealings, together they spark a bonfire of passionate heat. 



Mature content. 18+ only.


My opinion.
From the very beginning I was intrigued by the MC, Sofia. I was curious to see what her story was, and what she's like. Unfortunately though, this novella wasn't nearly enough to get a sense of who she is, which makes it difficult to warm up to her. Colton however shows the right amount of mystery to keep the 'mysterious billionaire' aspect, even though you get a chance to read from his point of view as well (which I like).
I think I could do with a bit less... profanity, but overall this novella hits the "hot, sexy, mysterious" mark. I'm not sure I understand why the story is cut up into different novella's instead of making it into a novel: the novella in itself isn't really a story, it very much feels to me like reading a few chapters out of a novel. I am, however, intrigued to find out what happens next.


 

Thank you to Mark My Words Publicity, for asking me to read and review Heat !!

Book Matchmaking


    
Sexy, rich and slightly arrogant male MC in Crazy, Undercover, Love and 'hot & sexy' in Jane Linfoot's booksMelting Ms Frost & Christmas Is Cancelled



Comments

Popular Posts