Book review: Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop - Abby Clements

Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop


The blurb.
When Imogen and Anna unexpectedly inherit their grandmother Vivien's ice cream parlour, it turns both their lives upside down. The Brighton shop is a seafront institution, but though it's big on retro charm it's critically low on customers. If the sisters don't turn things around quickly, their grandmother's legacy will disappear forever.

With summer fast approaching, Imogen and Anna devise a plan. Rather than sell up, they will train up, and make the parlour the newest destination on the South Coast foodie map.

While Imogen watches the shop and conjures new marketing ideas, her sister flies to Italy to attend a gourmet ice cream-making course. But can their best-laid plans survive their warring family, tempestuous love lives - and the great British Weather? One thing is for certain - this summer will be like no other . . .

My opinion.
I loved this book. The blurb, unfortunately, gave away a lot of the story and it wasn't a very surprising read, but that didn't matter: I enjoyed reading it very much. It kept me captivated and I finished it in no time. It gave me instant summer-vibes and I almost booked myself a ticket to Italy. 
I liked both Imogen and Anna, but I found it easier to connect with Anna. I'm not the adventures, free-spirited type like Imogen, but that didn't stop me from liking her from the start. Anna's love for food and cooking is contagious and I can't wait to get into the kitchen and try out some new things myself. And who knows, maybe I'll try my hand at some homemade ice cream!
One thing is for sure: ice cream is on the menu tonight, and it will soon be followed by another Abby Clements novel, I'm hooked!

Comments

Popular Posts