Book tour: The Little Village Bakery - Tilly Tennant (Honeybourne #1)


Help yourself to a generous slice of Victoria sponge, a perfect cup of tea and a big dollop of romance. Welcome to the Little Village Bakery.

Meet Millie. Heartbreak has forced her to make a new start and when she arrives at the old bakery in the little village of Honeybourne she is determined that this will be her home sweet home. Her imagination has been captured by the tumbledown bakery but with no running water and dust everywhere, her cosy idea of making cakes in a rural idyll quickly crumbles.

Luckily the locals are a friendly bunch and step in to help Millie. One in particular, Dylan, a laid-back lothario, soon captures her attention.

But just as Millie is beginning to settle in, an unexpected visitor from her past suddenly turns up determined to ruin everything for her. It’s time for Millie to face the skeletons in her closet if she’s going to live the dream of running her little village bakery, and her blossoming romance with Dylan.


My opinion.
I read The Little Village Bakery at a busy and stressful time for me. As soon as I opened the book however, all that faded into the background and I felt completely calm and relaxed. Tilly Tennant provided the perfect entertainment with these wonderful, colourful characters. Intrigued by Millie's past and the journey that got her to Honeybourne, I was immediately drawn to her - despite the mystery surrounding her. The same went for Jas. Although very full-on and quite intimidating at times, her sweet nature and quirky style had me sold from the start.
The developments in this small town took me by surprise and even when things got ugly, I still enjoyed seeing everything unfold. And how thrilling it turned out to be! Not quite what you'd expect from a little country village. Nosy as they are, the people of Honeybourne are a special group and I grew very fond of them by the end of this.
Now excuse me while I'm getting myself some very yummy baked goods ;-)



 



Tilly Tennant was born in Dorset, the oldest of four children, but now lives in Staffordshire with a family of her own. After years of dismal and disastrous jobs, including paper plate stacking, shop girl, newspaper promotions and waitressing (she never could carry a bowl of soup without spilling a bit), she decided to indulge her passion for the written word by embarking on a degree in English and creative writing, graduating in 2009 with first class honours. She wrote her first novel in 2007 during her first summer break at university and has not stopped writing since. She also works as a freelance fiction editor, and considers herself very lucky that this enables her to read many wonderful books before the rest of the world gets them. 

Tilly is represented by the wonderful, gorgeous Peta Nightingale at LAW. 





Comments

  1. This sounds like such a cute comfy and a yummy read! ;)
    Haniya
    booknauthors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This books sounds so charming. And while it's not a book I would usually feel compelled to pick up, I cannot help but think of that television show the Great British Baking Show (the Great British Bake Off?), and anything that makes me think of that show is probably worth my time. I'll be keeping my eye out for this one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts