Book review: Popping The Cherry - Aurelia B Rowl


You only get one first time . . .
From driving tests to relationships, Valentina Bell thinks she’s a failure, with a big fat capital F. At this rate, she’s certain she’ll be a virgin for ever. So Lena’s friends plan Operation: Popping the Cherry to help her find the perfect man first time.

Yet somehow disastrous dates with bad-boy musicians and fabulous evenings with secretly in-the-closet guys aren’t quite working out how Lena planned.

Soon Lena’s avoiding Operation: Popping the Cherry to spend time with comforting, aloof Jake, her best friend’s older brother, who doesn’t make her feel self-conscious about still clinging to her V card. But could Jake show Lena that sometimes what you’re looking for most is right by your side?

FOREVER for the twenty-first century

My opinion.
First things first: I really like this cover. It's playful, lovely bright colors... the cover really "pops" ;-)
I was horrified by the whole Operation: Popping the Cherry. What kind of friend would organize something like that? At first I was even more shocked when Lena actually agreed on going along, but then again... I can relate to feeling the odd one out when it comes to cherries at 17, so maybe it does sound like a decent idea, when it's proposed to you by your best friends "for your own good"? I still think it's a very shitty thing to do.
I loved the spark and tension between her and Jake and I liked that Aurelia took her time: their relationship didn't feel rushed - although at one point Lena and Jake were taking it SO slow I felt like screaming at them for their self-sabotage.
Maybe the "romantic birthday gesture" from Jake was a bit over the top, but I have to admit that I, at 17, would have given anything for a moment like that; so it was rather cute.
I really wished I had read this book when I was 17. It's just perfect. It's such a sweet romance, every girl's dream - but it's the fact that Aurelia really gets what it's like to be 17 right now, that makes this story so great.

Connect with Aurelia B Rowl on Twitter, Facebook and her website
and find more fabulous books by Carina UK here.

 

Big thank you to Aurelia for giving me the opportunity
to read and review Popping the Cherry.
I really enjoyed it!



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts