Book review: 24 Hours - Claire Seeber #BookoutureThriller



Here today. Dead tomorrow? 
My best friend, Emily, is dead – killed last night in a hotel fire. 
But it was meant to be me. 
Now I have 24 hours to find my daughter. 
Before he finds out I’m still alive. 

24 Hours is a fast-paced, intelligent psychological thriller that will leave you breathless. 


My opinion.
The very first thing that stood out to me was the cover. I never read a book by Claire Seeber before so that cover and those few thrilling, ominous lines in the blurb were the only things I could go on. I absolutely love the cover. The images and colour choices are perfect and the title and blurb already give you that hounded feeling of a race against time.
From the get go the sensation of chaos and confusion dominated the story. Laurie has a target on her back. She's fleeing the person that's after her, and she's trying to flee her past. With help of the flashbacks it soon becomes clear though that no matter how fast she runs, her past is catching up.
Although Laurie is soon in a state of total paranoia and I constantly felt the rush of the ticking clock, I didn't share Laurie's feeling of absolute terror. Claire picked out some really telling anecdotes in the "flashback" parts of the story, but I felt like I missed some information at the beginning of the book to feel that same sense of dread the main character feels. Unfortunately that feeling didn't really change. 
The story is incredibly fast-paced, it's thrilling and an adrenaline rush. I just wished that I would have understood Laurie's need for pure and utter terror sooner. That way the book would have left me completely breathless, if I had been able to share that state of paranoia.
I enjoyed reading this thriller and even after finishing 24 Hours the feeling of being chased still remains and I almost feel out of breath! Wow-o-wow!


 




Comments

Popular Posts