Book review: A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire #2) - George R.R. Martin

 
Click the cover to read my review for "A Game Of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire #1)"

Throughout Westeros, the cold winds are rising. From the ancient citadel of Dragonstone to the forbidding lands of Winterfell, chaos reigns as pretenders to the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms stake their claims through tempest, turmoil and war. As a prophecy of doom cuts across the sky - a comet the colour of blood and flame - five factions struggle for control of a divided land. Brother plots against brother and the dead rise to walk in the night.

My opinion.
Ah, what a brilliant series this is! I loved, LOVED reading A Clash Of Kings. In the first book of the series, A Game Of Thrones, a variety of characters is being introduced from all over Westeros and the Free Cities - each of them wonderful, amazing and mysterious in their own way. If you thought George R.R. Martin made a lot happen in that one book, be prepared for this one.
The amount of conspiracies, battles and secrets is incredible; the amount of detail staggering.
The characters all take the next step in the journey that was laid out for them in A Game Of Thrones - all of those journeys are proving to be full of danger and unexpected twists and turns, friends and foes. Even if you've watched the tv-series already, this book won't cease to amaze and surprise you.
I can barely stop myself from starting the next book in the series right away, but since I can't bear the thought of having to wait months before a new book comes out, I promised myself to read slowly, and to fully enjoy these incredible books.


 



 Click the picture to read my review
for "A Game Of Thrones
(A Song of Ice and Fire #1)"



Comments

Popular Posts