Book review: The Girl On The Train - Paula Hawkins


To everyone else in this carriage I must look normal; I’m doing exactly what they do: commuting to work, making appointments, ticking things off lists.

Just goes to show.


Rachel takes the same commuter train every morning and every evening. Every day she passes the same Victorian terraces, stops at the same signal, and sees the same couple, breakfasting on their roof terrace. Jason and Jess seem so happy together.

Then one day Rachel sees something she shouldn't have seen, and soon after, Jess disappears. Suddenly Rachel is chasing the truth and unable to trust anyone. Not even herself.

Tense, taut, twisty and surprising . . . The Girl on the Train creeps right under your skin and stays there.
 



My opinion.
At first I really struggled with this book. I didn't understand the characters and I found their behavior and actions annoying.

And then all of a sudden, without seeing it coming, I was on this thrilling roller coaster of mystery, confusion and fear and I couldn't put the book down. I had to know, had to find out.
Rachel is an incredible main character and seeing the mystery unfold through her perspective is thrilling, sometimes frustrating and very interesting.
You will be thinking about Jess, Tom and Rachel long after you finished reading this book. The Girl On The Train is amazingly "dark and twisty" and a very enjoyable read.
No train journey will ever be the same.





 



Comments

Popular Posts