Book review: Mr. Perfect - Joanna Davies

 

Mari Wyn Roberts is 35, works for a TV company in Cardiff and just can't keep a relationship going for more than two years. She wants her Mr Perfect but after nearly 20 years of dating she's starting to worry that her ideal man doesn't exist. Worst of all, what if one of the 'duds' she was so happy to bin over the years was her 'perfect man' all along? 
On the other side of the city, Owen, also 35, is looking for love on his terms. There must be a girl out there that's single, intelligent and doesn't want to mother or stifle him? 


My opinion.
This book wasn't at all what I expected it to be. Sometimes that's a good thing... sometimes it's not. It's hard to put my finger on it, but it just didn't really "do it" for me.
Mari and Owen had a colourful dating history and I really liked that Joanna Davies took us on their journey from teenager to 30-somethings. Some of those dating stories were funny and entertaining, others were a bit boring.
Although I liked both teenage Mari and Owen (both of them were very easy to relate to, in a way), I ended up seeing Mari as pretty shallow.
Mr. Perfect has some fun moments but is not really memorable. It didn't "move me", unfortunately.



 




Comments

Popular Posts